By Charles Frederic Jerram,Donald F. Bittner
Read Online or Download A Soldier Gone to Sea: Memoir of a Royal Marine in Both World Wars PDF
Best biographies of world war ii books
This diary focuses intensely on Col. Samuel Russ Harris’ existence inside his personal 499th Bomb crew and his dating with the 73rd Bomb Wing’s operations. the 1st portion of the ebook is an intimate portrait of struggle. to supply a context of the B-29 battle opposed to Japan, the second one 1/2 the textual content information how the 73rd Bomb Wing was once engaged within the battle opposed to Japan.
This can be the private memoir of Charles S. McCandless, who graduated from Stanford and shortly after joined the the military. He was once stationed at Pearl Harbor, whilst at the morning of Dec. 7, 1941 he was once rendered subconscious as a bomb exploded just a couple of ft clear of him and his shipmate. He by no means observed his good friend back.
Alex Kerr's Wellington, a twin-engine bomber, used to be shot down over Germany in 1941. at the start hospitalised with hopes of repatriation, he unexpectedly discovered himself a prisoner in a German POW camp. all through these making an attempt 4 years he was once held captive, Alex stored a mystery diary. This booklet reproduces his diary entries in a desirable account of all facets of lifestyles in a wartime criminal.
In 1943, thirty-two captured Irish service provider sailors refused a Gestapo request to paintings for Germany. They have been despatched to a labour schooling camp, the place they have been starved, overwhelmed and compelled to dig the rules for an enormous U-boat manufacturing unit, Bunker Valentin. between them used to be Harry Callan, a Catholic boy from Derry, who went to sea at 16 as a British service provider army seaman.
- Professor Porsche's Wars: The Secret Life of Legendary Engineer Ferdinand Porsche who Armed Two Belligerents Through Four Decades
- Twelve Texas Aggie War Heroes: From World War I to Vietnam (Williams-Ford Texas A&M University Military History Series)
- Facing Fearful Odds : My Father's Story of Captivity, Escape & Resistance 1940-1945
- His Father's Son: The Life of General Ted Roosevelt, Jr.
- Major General Maurice Rose: World War II's Greatest Forgotten Commander
- Just Call Me Soldier Boy: World War II Letters from PFC. Andy Bergner, Patton's Third Army
Additional info for A Soldier Gone to Sea: Memoir of a Royal Marine in Both World Wars
A Soldier Gone to Sea: Memoir of a Royal Marine in Both World Wars by Charles Frederic Jerram,Donald F. Bittner